Thursday, August 8, 2013

Calculations

Most know my days begin rather early...sometimes about 5am and run until about 10pm. I keep rather long hours but it's all how you maximise your time right?

Last night I decided to hit the treadmill for an hour at 9pm. As I was deciding what kind of run I wanted to do I looked at the options and several questions came to mind.  I set the machine on "fat burner" entered in all my information and upped the heart rate max to 185.

I'm not even sure I should have done that but it seemed like ages before I reached my max and as I was waiting to see the magic numbers on the heart rate monitor the treadmill steadily increased to an incline of 13.9, 14.1, 14.5...I thought I was going to fall off!

which leads me to the question, although I was able to run at that incline it was hard to reach the 185. How do I calculate what my max heart rate should be with vigerous exercise?

What is the importance of BMI and VO2 Max? I just don't get all the calculations. For some reason, they don't make sense to me.

I'm going to hit the gym today but for the life of me, I have no idea what workout to do. I know I want to get the wiggle out of my arms, abs, and legs so I think I may do some HIIT training for about 30 minutes. I'm just not sure exactly what I want to do.

Any ideas? Any suggestions, recommendations or advice?

Keep on keepin' on!

No comments:

Post a Comment