Monday, April 28, 2014

Charity Miles! Wounded Warrior Foundation and Team Red White and Blue

So despite having serious allergies right now I decided last night that I would at least get out and move my arse! It was painful. I took my medicine...big mistake, don't do that before a run...and I stepped out the door. 2 miles later and I had to stop. My tummy was yelling at me in every body language possible.

But...that is not my point. A long time ago I downloaded an app called charity miles but never used it. I realized I needed to run for something other than to just run for myself. So, I, being military have chosen two charities to run for and I will alternate between them until I decide to run for another one. 

First, the Wounded Warrior Foundation and then Team Red White and Blue. Both build on my pride as an officer in the Army and make me feel like I'm giving back for people who can't. Being in the military I've sacrificed a lot and I have lost a lot as well. I may not have lost a physical limb or body part but I've lost something. I've lost the ability to connect with people like I used to and I've lost the happiness I once knew. Now, this is a way for me to get it back and I just hope that I will stick with this.

So, help me out! Motivate me with your words of encouragement and hope because believe it or not...as strong as we are as humans...we all need words of encouragement!

Get out and run!

No comments:

Post a Comment