Sunday, April 27, 2014

Still at it here in the Stan...Afghanistan that is! (A BLOG I DIDN'T POST) :(

Well, I am getting closer to getting out of the "Stan" and on to a new adventure but until I do get out of here, I'm fighting to stay motivated.

I've realized that the one thing that keeps me going is having a goal to achieve. So, I've set my mind to it this time and I've downloaded a training plan for 18 weeks.

I went on Runner's World and took a screen shot of the Intermediate Marathon Training Plan and this week I must run a total of 26 miles. I've run 14 so far with 12 more to go only, I'll add in an extra few miles because I am coaching one of our Soldiers for her PT test run. It helps me out just as much as it helps her out.

I have been running but not like I would prefer to run so now, I've made it my personal goal to get through the next 18 weeks without missing too much training. I am deployed so of course there will be days I'll have to rearrange my calendar but I'll get there one way or another.

I think I need to figure out a better diet plan though. One that gives my muscles more energy to move. I feel like my legs burn out faster than my heart does, they don't hurt but they are just "tired". Like they forgot to get out of bed in the morning and I left them behind. So, I think my diet needs more of something and I can't figure out what that something is. I eat a well balenced meal, or at lease I think I do so I am not sure what I am lacking. I have been taking vitamines but I'm sure I could be more disciplined in doing that as well.

….I didn't post this like I intended to after I wrote it. I decided to go ahead and post it anyway and there are so many things I need to catch up on since being deployed and making it home. It's a good thing I'm finally starting to get back at it.!

Keep on running and keep on keepin' on!

No comments:

Post a Comment