Sunday, August 4, 2013

Keeping it up in Bagram

Yep, it's been a while but I've not stopped working out or running although the limited time has made its interruptions weekly not allowing me the opportunity to get out and run!

But, if you check out Bagram Running Club on Facebook, you'll see there are plenty of opportunities to get out and have fun on a run.

I've finally adjusted to the altitude for the most part but I'll say, at almost 5,000 feet above sea level it takes a bit of time.

So, becuase I love to run that's about all I've been doing when I do exercise so today, I decided to change it up a little. I've really got to get some strenght training and HIIT in. I'm losing weight but I'm not losing the fat like I should. Now, that's not saying I'm fat but in Body Fat to Muscle weight ratio...I'm over the body fat percentage big time and physically it shows!

Today, I did four rounds of TRX push-ups, Triceps and lateral abs while adding the battling ropes, in air squats and lunges. Tomorrow, Monday, I get back on track with my routine.

With the constant sonic boom of the jets at night I find it increasingly harder to sleep so it's thrown off my workouts and running. I've switched to working out in the afternoons and sleeping to 0615 to be in the office by 0630. I've made this little promise to myself to get up early and run. Hopefully I can hang with it.

I'm doing everything I can to stay in shape here in Bagram especially with my work schedule...

Hoping to see the rest of this fat melt off to become more tone!

 

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

No comments:

Post a Comment