Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Set Backs Won't Break Me!

Well, running and working out has certainly taken a back burner once again. I was on a roll for a while running the battlefield here and signing up for a few races and then it hit me. Once again I was struck down and out for the count with the flu. Unreal! For three strait weeks I was drained, had no energy and just couldn't bounce back. Of course, here I am almost exactly a month later and still congested and hacking up my lungs. Incredible! 

It's time to kick the excuses in the arse. I'm on my way back to Clarksville so I can prepare to deploy. This will be my chance to begin again...because every time I stop something I have to restart and once I can figure out how to keep going, I'll never have to start over again.

I'll miss running the Petersburg Battlefield but I'm looking forward to more adventures in Afghanistan.

I did some searching and found a good route to run on BAF and I also looked up a Cross Fit Gym there. The one I found is the Vulture CrossFit gym and I'm happy to check it out and see if it's something I can fit into my schedule. Who knows what my calendar is going to look like.

So, as I once again get motivated...I'm asking you to help keep me motivated by giving me feedback and tips as well as good ol' conversation!

It's going to be a great year of health and fitness ahead. I do all this so that I can live a longer, healthier, and more energetic life with my son.

The Shamrock 8 K. Want to do the full when I get back in 2014 to qualify for Boston!

No comments:

Post a Comment