Thursday, April 5, 2012

Adventures of Geocaching fitness

So, I've caught the bug thanks to a dear Louisiana friend of mine! I've heard of this a long time ago but I never did attempt this BUT...my dear friend has taken photos of his excursions and I love to take photos too! So, as I combine photos and running...why not combine all three?!



We can make it a running geocache scavenger hunt with pictures, oh yeah what a funfilled family event that will be! Then, we can come up with little prizes for the first to find the geocache. The catch is, when you find it, to prove you found it, you have to take a picture of it! Totally cool! Well...ok, let me slow down a bit here. I'm getting ahead of myself!

Ok, now I'm back down from my cloud and have pumped the breaks on my excitement so I can devise a plan of maneuver here.

Why don't I try this geocaching thing first and then, once perfected or at least I become a little more of an expert, not a novice, I can begin to create my geocaching fitness regime. Of course, let us not forget the photography, that is a must for any occasion...

...well...

Almost any occasion!

Here's the plan for my first adventure. Those involved, with the exception of my partner in crime here, are completely unaware of the adventure we are about to embark on.

My brother and his son are coming in for Easter weekend and my plan is to have a competition between teams of 2+

My brother and his son against me, my partner in crime and of course my son.

Ohhhh...I cannot wait! The weather will be perfect and the adventure will only be the icing on the cake for this geocaching extravaganza we intend to do!

Stay tuned for more on this!

Until then, have a happy, healthy, fit Easter Weekend! 

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea to turn it into a fun competition! We've been geocaching for 5 years now and LOVE it. We've done it all over the globe because it gives us something fun to do when we're in a new place. But combining it with fitness is something I never thought about - nice!! You know, if I actually worked out....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounded like a really cool thing and I thought, what if I did it while running. it kind of gives you something to think about while you run. It distracts you from thoughts and allows you to search a mystery! :)
    I haven't been working out like I used to. I lost a lot of baby weight...It's back on :-/

    ReplyDelete