Thursday, June 14, 2012

Workout Ready or Not!

Hmmm....this morning started off a little like the guy or the gal walking in the old V-8 commercials. You know....the slanted walk until they drank their V-8. 


I decided to get myself out of bed thinking it was still 6 in the morning I begrudgingly reached for my phone to check the time. It was painful to see it was almost 7:30 in the morning. I planned to get up and do Les Mills Body Pump again. I did it last night and felt great so I figured, let's go Robin, get yourself up and going!


Off I went, gym clothes on water bottle filled to the rim and ready to bring it! Oh, well, it was brought alright but not like I would like it to be. I made it through the 30 minute workout with a little less energy than last night...not sure why but I forced myself through the workout of dead lifts, clean and jerks, abs, arms and chest.


Les Mills Body Pump
Don't be deceived by the small product here!
It's a doozy of a workout!
The one I like to call...
The Beast!


If you think 30 minutes is nothing, try working for 30 minutes strait with five 30 second-ish breaks to switch weights or positions. I thought I'd be tough and keep the 10 pound weights on instead but I used the 5 pound weight for the ab-work.


Anyway, not that I want to make an excuse, I think after being up almost all night every night for the past week with my little man who has been sick I have finally reached my threshold of exhaustion. So, I will have my breakfast and then I think this evening I will go on a run.


A run you ask? Why yes, I so need one at this point. I am in the middle of a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) move so today they come to do the pre-move inspection so I'll be home today. This is a good excuse to get some things done, rest and then get a good run in this evening...


So, I'm trying to stay motivated to get back in shape after a month of travel and eating like I've never seen a pastry! Yes, I'm a victim of pastry hypnotism. I can smell the sweetness of confectionary art from a mile a way and I'm like Pepe Le Pew following the perfume of his love! I'm hypnotized by their sweet scent and their beauty and I cannot resist! That my friends is why I have to get back in shape!


My friends ask me "are you crazy?" I tell them no, that they don't understand even though I'm thin, I'm still fat. I have a lot of body fat that I have accumulated over the past year of traveling and eating really good, yummy food all over Europe! So, I tell them now, I'm not overweight...because I'm not...I'm just flabby! I can feel it when I walk and it just makes me cringe! I have to get rid of this body fat so here I go, motivated or not, I will get off my butt and do it! 


I ask you to join me in my endeavor, let me know what you think of the information I find! Join me in my crazy discussions and talk about what your thoughts are about them and about staying motivated to keep on keepin'on! Follow me as I try like heck to meet my goal! 


Until then, keep running!

2 comments:

  1. Is your goal numeric...as in a number of pounds lost...or is it less quantifiable...as in to simply get less flabby?

    Just curious...

    Mike B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike,

    I would "like" to lose about 5-8 lbs but I think once I get less flabby that will be taken care of on its own. I consider myself a thin person and within weight standards...especially for military. But for me, it's to tone up and get rid of the flab.

    Weight is a matter of fat-pounds and muscle-pounds so if I gain the muscle I know I may not lose the "weight" but I will be leaner, slimmer and fit into my clothes more comfortably.

    So, I guess to answer your question it's not a matter of numbers on a scale but to jiggle a little less and feel comfortable again in my clothes once again :)

    Thanks for your curiosity too!! I'm glad to respond to any questions.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete