Monday, March 12, 2012

O2 Mask Anyone?

A year ago, I was running circles around who I am now! Not having the time to run this year has certainly put me back to the beginning. With my legs kicking and screaming at me to give them a break...which I did on Saturday...I still can't seem to pass the phase where my quad's are no longer sore.


The second thing I've noticed is how tired this whole working out thing has made me! I've been told by some health experts (trainers, etc...) that for the first month I will feel tired and always hungry.  I'm burning calories now OH GOODIE!!!! I'm getting thinner....to the tune of na naa na naa boo boo!!!Well, that's my goal anyway.


So, for today, all I can say is wow!!!! it went by so fast. We got to run 3.5 miles which seemed like a marathon because at a 9 to 9:30 pace, I felt like a turtle, or as my drill sergeant used to tell us "You're slower than pond water private!!!" But, at least it was done albeit S.L.O.W.! 


Holy crap I need an oxygen tank when I run these days! My ability to inhale enough O2 seems to be lower! I can't seem to get enough of it and even with my inhaler today it was tough! I feel like I can run longer but my lungs can't seem to keep up!  Hopefully this will pass too! We shall see!


Next run is on the calendar but for me, I'm off to get some rest!


G'night all!


No comments:

Post a Comment