Friday, March 23, 2012

Running Photography

Neptune in Virginia Beach 
Many of you know that I will use Facebook and Twitter while I run races especially something that is 10 miles or more but today, I decided to do something different. I decided to take on a short 6 miles at a relatively slow pace. Turns out I kept an average of a 10 minute mile...while I was taking photos of random sights along the Virginia Beach Boardwalk.

Who would have thunk it? Photography on the run! Honestly, to stop in the middle of a run to take photos actually has its advantages. You get a second to catch your breath and you can take a random photo or two along the way. I figured it would take forever to go 6 miles but quite surprisingly I ran 6 miles in 57 minutes and some change.

I had so many thoughts running through my mind while I was running today. Thoughts about the people running on the boardwalk to the guy who tried to flatten me with his bike. Yep, a guy on his bike refused to go around me...as if he needed a highway lane to get around me...Newsflash buddy, I'm not so big...I was on the edge of the boardwalk, running on the right (since we don't drive on the left, we don't run on the left) We aren't in England you inconsiderate toothless old man, you had a good 20 feet of space to go around me! Ugh the nerve!


Those of you who know me, know that I had a hard time not to say a word but to just listen to the Sirius app on my phone and do what I don't do best...Grin and Bear it!


As I finally found my zen running mind, I ran through crowds of seagulls as I watched the sun touch the top of the sky and the birds took to flight as I neared them. It's quite incredible to "stop and smell the flowers" while on a run. I saw things that I never would have paid attention to while running swiftly...well, as swiftly as my li'l legs will carry me down the road. 


I got home and began my workday from home...seems like it's easier for me to work from home! We need area NAVAL exercises more often so the bases close down! 

So I finally got around to writing today and I was like a giddy little girl downloading my photos. I then decided to opened a flicker account so that I could share my photos of my run with you...they are quite fun, some of them! Granted, they were taken with my iPhone while I was running so they are not the best photos but still, they created my fun on the run!
 
Check out the photos here and let me know if you cannot get in. Photos
Tell me what you think! Also, do you have any quirky things you do while on your runs? Oh please...Do tell!!!

Until the next adventure where rubber meets concrete, have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment