Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sweets, treats and not so good eats!


In my new Endeavor to become fit and nutritionally cautious, I have looked at ways to cook healthier and eat healthier, I love Runner's World and their Runner's Diet but I can't seem to start it and stay on it!

I CRAVE sugar! It's insane, I don't drink soda, I don't eat much processed food but darn the sugar! I made a vow when I was young, never to waste food, unless it spoiled then of course throw it away. I used to never buy sweets because I have a son who gets candy several times a year and it piles up. I never buy it! Well...until recently that is. I have decided that I will NOT purchase any candy anymore! That if I WANT candy or sweets, I will learn how to make them myself and I will find a way to make it less fattening! I know I don't have enough time to make candy regularly so that will help.

Pastries...Ohhhhh the pastries! I can smell a cupcake from a mile away! Oh how I love them so! If I could just stay away from gorging myself on sweets and treats I think I'd be good. And!!!...an added bonus MY SKIN WILL CLEAR UP!

My new goal is to figure out how to make pastries with almond milk instead of whole milk. A cup of Whole Milk has 150 calories for 8 oz. according to the CDC. http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/healthy_eating/drinks.html Although, I never bought anything other than skim milk...I don't like the texture of whole milk but to cook with it, almost necessary.

Now, I'm learning to cook with almond milk. Almond milk has 60 calories for every 8 oz. and apparently you can cook almost anything with it according to http://almondbreeze.com/?navid=530

I'm a fan!

So, I have begun my plan to eliminate accessible sugar in my home, slowly so I don't have a sugar attack and rush out to buy a snicker bar...just for the record, I don't eat candy bars unless they come from Europe! Much better chocolate and mostly dark chocolates too!

More to follow at a later date of course but for now...I'll be using almond milk and making my own candy, I'm super excited now!

No comments:

Post a Comment