Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Bostonian Dream

I wasn't planning on posting again tonight but someone shared an article with me that I couldn't pass up sharing here.  Women at the Boston Marathon, 40 years and running


It has been a lifelong dream of mine to qualify for Boston, I'm a former Bostonian... Well, I lived in Hull, across the harbor from Boston and Logan Airport. I remember watching the planes fly over as they took to flight or lowered their landing gear!


I watched the Boston Marathon as a little girl and thought how amazing it would be to run this race! I moved away and never gave it a thought again until several years ago when I started really running long distance...in Iraq.  I thought, if I had the right training I could do it!


It's nice to know that a handful of women paved the way to make that possible. This is what the above mentioned article talks about.


I am a very slow runner. One day, I will qualify just like my good friend will. she is much closer to it than I will be anytime soon...


...Is it ok to live vicariously through her and maybe one day I'll get there too?


A friend of mine writes a blog called Boston or Botox...you can google her, her name is Danica Luker and she has written for Runners World and I have been following her blog for a while. She's got some great advice and has helped me on a couple of my questions for running.


Check her out! I may attach her information in one of my future posts. But, for now, check out this article which I think you'll find fascinating and inspiring!


Keep Running!!!

2 comments:

  1. EPIC!!!! btw its mike H i have also dreamed of doing that as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do this. This has taught me never to give up on my dreams. So far, I haven't and I never will. It just might take me my lifetime to get all my dreams to become a reality :)

    ReplyDelete