Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sedated Sunday!

What an unfortunate day this is! It is the last day of the weekend and I feel like the week flew by. I guess all the running around I did this past week just plain flattened me today. Not to mention the weather is gloomy and not so fun looking. Makes ya want to be lazy anyway!


Let's see, I have done a lot this past week. Well, we had a few things going on at work last week that took a lot of time. Especially the Model NATO Challenge. I usually come to work at 6:30 a.m. every day and leave during normal times however Thursday we didn't get home until after 10 p.m. Fortunately due to the area wide base closings we could work from home and I actually got to sleep till 6:30 a.m.


On Friday, I got my li'l guy off to the bus stop and then prepared myself for my photography session at the beach...you remember right? I finally go the link fixed for the photos...at least no one has commented and told me otherwise so I assume it's fixed. 


Anyway for the remainder of the week, we went to Tae Kwon Do on Monday, Tuesday (two times) and Wednesday. I ran on Monday and Friday and did high intensity interval training (HIIT) on Thursday. All to get my butt out and moving! I think it's working a little!


Saturday I got to watch my li'l guy compete in his first Tae Kwon Do tournament where he took second place in the Form category and he took first place in Sparring. I was so proud of him especially because I took third place in Form in my category and first for breaking technique. It was just fun for me to see him so happy to be there. 


Tae Kwon Do has been good for both of us. It's definitely confidence building and for me it's giving me better flexibility. I wish it were tougher though, but you get out what you put in so I always try to work hard. 


Anyway, Saturday had us up early to get ready for the tournament and we were there until 5pm. Needless to say we were smoked! We at sushi for dinner...mind you it was a late dinner but it was dinner nonetheless.


So, here we are...It's Sunday and to be completely honest, I woke up feeling great, ready to go for a run but as time went by I started to feel a bit tired and drug down so I figured..."you know, you worked hard this past week and I can take it easy for one day right?!"  Well, that's what I decided to do today...BE LAZY! So far, I'm doing it! I feel sedated and tires so that is why this is Sedated Sunday for me!


Tomorrow, back to the trails! The running trails that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment